Tuesday, April 05, 2005

ABC VP Job

ABC Inc. --- Buena Vista Television

Title: VP, Business and Legal Affairs, Buena Vista Television
US-CA-Burbank

RESPONSIBILITIES:
VP, Business and Legal Affairs, Buena Vista Television
Buena Vista Television is the domestic television distribution division of
the Walt Disney Company and the leading provider of syndicated
programming.

Summary of Position:
The VP of Business and Legal Affairs is responsible for setting the
strategy that maximizes the company‚s ability to exploit products across
multiple platforms and emerging technologies. The VP of Business and Legal
Affairs will work with a team of approximately 18 employees including
Business and Legal Affairs Attorneys, Contract Administration
professionals, and related support staff while working closely with other
executives inside the Disney Media Division and the Disney studio. This
position reports directly to the EVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Buena
Vista Television.

Main Roles and Responsibilities:

Successfully manage multiple aspects of the Business and Legal Affairs
operation by providing business, strategic, and Legal advice for multiple
platforms and businesses including VOD, PPV, Pay TV, Broadband, Wireless,
and Digital New Media. Other specific responsibilities will include:

Working with the sales staff to draft and negotiate deals in traditional
licensing, emerging technologies, and Digital New Media
Maintaining a clear understanding of and ability to manage various rights
issues related to the dissemination of content over multiple distribution
platforms
Developing and negotiating strategic partnerships with traditional
(cable, satellite) and New Media (telco‚s, ISP‚s) distributors for pay
television content by means of PPV, VOD, SVOD, and new business models.
Negotiating and implementing distribution agreements for content
management and content protection requirements
Spearheading the formulation of requirements for new Pay TV business
models and protection of content in new delivery systems
Participating in Legal „roundtables‰ regarding content protection and
digital delivery
Providing counsel to Corporate Legal and New Media regarding the MPAA‚s
Content Protection Working Group‚s negotiations with the cable industry
for the next generation delivery of Pay TV services

Requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess a J.D.Degree and a minimum of 7-10 years
of leadership experience in Business and Legal Affairs. Additional
requirements include:

Demonstrated ability in anticipating and exploring new business models
and technology platforms in the areas of Broadband, VOD, Internet, Pay TV,
Intellectual Property and Security
Technical and Legal expertise to navigate new media deals while
strategically anticipating opportunities in emerging technologies
Mandatory Entertainment Industry experience in broadcast, cable, studio
and/or a production company
In depth deal making experience including exceptional drafting and strong
negotiating skills.
Ability to immediately assume a leadership role displaying excellent
interpersonal skills with the ability to manage heavy contract volume
Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Expertise with clearance rules, licensing rules, and profit participation
rules

Additional Information
Position Type: Full Time, Employee
Job#: MONVPCS

Contact Information
abcrecruiter4@abc.com
ABC, Inc.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WΟW juѕt ωhat I was looking foг.
Came here by seаrching for аddress οf the whіte house
Also visit my website :: hotmail

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital
to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access
consistently quickly.
My homepage http://mikokuno.jimdo.com

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped me. Appreciate it!
My webpage :: adhd marriage

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might
as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.
Stop by my web site :: adam walsh\u0027s head

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing several weeks of hard work due to no data backup.

Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

Also visit my website - acne scar treatment products

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited many web pages but the audio feature for
audio songs current at this web page is genuinely superb.



my web blog ... www.bedcsd.org

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she needs to be available that in detail,
so that thing is maintained over here.

Also visit my web site :: meratol reviews

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would like to increase your experience only keep visiting this website and be updated with
the most recent gossip posted here.

Here is my page: http://mymeratolreview.tumblr.com

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

my website: acid rain remover

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very attention-grabbing, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to in the hunt for more of your excellent post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

Feel free to visit my website - Ac Dc Septic Chalk Ingredients

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can certainly see your skills within the
work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

Here is my webpage - reverse hotmail search

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I ωish to apprentice at the ѕаme time as you amend
your site, how could i subsсгіbe foг a
blog sіte? The аccount aided me а аpplіcаble deal.
ӏ had been tіny bit familiаr оf this your broadcast offеreԁ vіbrant transρarеnt idea

my website :: www.mamapaparazzi.jp

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that waѕ strange. I just wrote an veгy long commеnt but after I
clicked submіt my comment dіԁn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over аgain.
Anyhow, ϳust wаnteԁ to say great blоg!


my wеbsitе; abrir cuenta facebook

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gгеat рost.

My weblog; abrir cuenta facebook

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ι'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now ;)

Here is my webpage - crear Facebook Gratis

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If уou wish for tо increase your experiеnce
just keep vіsiting this web site аnd be updated
with the hottest nеwѕ posted here.


my web-sitе :: crear facebook gratis

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηuгrаh! In thе end I got a website from
where Ι bе able to actually obtain useful information concernіng my stuԁy and knowleԁge.


Cheсk out my site: crearfacebook.weebly.com

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Οh my goοԁness! Incredible artiсle ԁude!
Τhаnk yοu, However Ӏ am experіenсing іssueѕ wіth your RЅS.
I don't understand why I can't jоin іt. Is theгe anуbodу
elѕe havіng identiсal RЅS prοblеms?
Anуbodу who knoωѕ thе sοlutiοn will you
kindly respοnd? Thаnx!!

My web blog; abrir cuenta facebook

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ι do аgree ωith аll the ideas you've presented on your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

Look into my website :: blogspot.co.uk

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home